Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thank you

There are an amazingly huge number of people out there who have supported, helped, worked and given up time to give us a hand, raise funds and visit in hospital .

I cannot begin to thank my mum, sister, brother and Scott's sister Michele, her partenr Glen and all of their family for the unwavering support and help and calls to keep our chin up - and to Michael and Rhonda for their wonderful support and helping things to still seem normal - even though they are far from that.

Also there are so many friends - old and new who without their help would have meant fundraising not being as successful, madness ensuing being cooped up in hospital rooms, and for buying things like nappies and chocolate or a dash to the chemist when I run out of medicine etc for Harrison - or have an emergency or two to run off to with him and need someone to watch the kids ::)

Also we have a wonderful team of Doctors (Immunology, Bone Marrow Transplant, Neurology, Opthamology (eyes), Audiology and GP and Paediatrician ) both locally at Gosford Hospital and at Children's Hospital Westmead, who are always in contact, who drop in to say hi when having IVIG - just because, who email and check on progress and who fit us in at short notice when things go sour. Our num from the Variety Ward, Di, retired last week and we did not get to say a proper goodbye but we do wish her well in her retirement. And to all of the wonderful and amazing hospital nursing staff who just treat Harrison like he is made of Gold, thank you - as every month I get VERY anxious about going to hospital for treatment fearing line infections, or worse and every month you make it fun, a laugh and feel like I am coming to a home away from home.

Finally to the kids, Marlie, Sterling and Ella who are fabulous with Harrison, are wonderful helpers - even when they need to hold his arms or keep him amused while I flush his central line. They keep me grounded and I am blessed to have had 3 wonderful children, I hope the trampoline Aunty Hope bought them helps and that the Disney On Ice show they went to in some way repays them for missing out on so much in the last year.

Many thanks for the emails, phone calls, donations, gifts, and comments left on this blog. Every single thing ever done for us is in my memory and when I find myself wishing for a different life, I remember that not many people are as blessed as we are in all of this . And for that I am most truly thankful of all.

Scott is my last thought in this - he works very hard in two jobs to keep a roof over our heads and even though we are separated, I want to be able to thank him - as without his hard work I don't quite know where we would be - and the most important thing is that he has given the kids a stable home environment - Thank you .

No comments: