Monday, August 31, 2015

Last Intragam for a while at Gosford Hospital

Well last Friday was our final intragam at Gosford Hospital.

That place is like home for us. Harrison never gets upset to go for his infusions as he likes to play in the therapy play room, and the staff are wonderful. I got upset leaving as I wish we could have his BMT done there rather than at Westmead, and although I know that we are "at the end of September" not having an admission date makes it hard on the family. Its frustrating knowing we have a time frame but even as close as a month out no actual admission date.

I also know that each and every nurse that looks after Harrison feel a bit as I do - worried about how it will all go and hopeful that it is a success at the same time.

This Friday we head off to Westmead for some blood work and a visit with our favourite immunologist ( our only immunology doctor up until now really but a fave none the less ) Dr Sam Mehr. We will check liver function again which hasn't been so fantastic lately.

In the interim I am packing up all of our belongings to put them into storage so that while in hospital I can try to reduce costs as much as possible  and rent is the biggest expense I have to pay. Once we look like Harrison is well enough to come home, I will look for a house for us to live in then. It is hard leaving such a lovely little piece of country gold. I know though that the water quality here is not good enough for Harrison post transplant and no amount of "solutions" have come to give us enough peace of mind that the water is ok long term for his use. Best to minimise any risks to him coming home from hospital and get a new house on town water supply.

I have included a video of Harrison to show how amazing he is - blind in left eye, limited tunnel vision in the right eye and can still walk on stilts - waiting for his infusion to be hooked up and run. My angel and shining light.
We are about to run a series of auctions and sale online via the my cause page - https://www.mycause.com.au/page/108384/harrison-family-hospital-help
and the Harrison's Place page on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Harrisonsfundraising?fref=nf

This will raise much needed funds for Harrison's time in hospital to make his and his 3 siblings lives just that bit more bearable while Harrison is unwell and incapacitated .... Buy something from the sale if you can - all proceeds will be placed via the MyCause page .


No comments: