Tuesday, October 2, 2007

To hospital again & support

Harrison has again been to hospital. We went on Thursday a week ago, then came home the following Tuesday - but went back daily to hospital for IV antibiotics. He got a serious infection in both the lumens (the lines that you use to get bloods etc from) in his central line. So he's had 5 days of antibiotics in hospital and we got to come home - only to have to go back for two more days of IV but hey that is so much better than living at the hospital again :) They did his next lot of intragam, so he's all IG'd up for another month - but even so I see delays in development now. He seems to have stagnated in his progress.

As always the support of our family and friends has been sensational - we are truly blessed. I am also very lucky to have found a wonderful forum for PID on the web in Essential Baby. There are a few mums who chat about their lives with Primary Immune Deficiency. I am very lucky to have this sort of support to. Cause not only can we discuss our sick children, but about life in general - and this keeps me sane.

We are both (Scott & I) stressed as I am now on unpaid leave - and the future is so uncertain. I just have to hope for the best. But I am making the calls this week to the banks and mortgage and hopefully we'll get some sort of relief. I am also looking for some night work to help make ends meet. What a world.

Harrison is doing ok though otherwise and he's booked in now for a physio assessment next week to see his progress and what it is I have to do with him to help him along. He has such poor arm and tummy muscle strength. But he tries to sit up and even though he's wobbly he tries which is good enough for me.

I popped a pic of him recently wedged into the corner of the lounge. As you can see his head drops to one side and he doesn't sit "up" but he tries.

We are also meant to be writing up all the thank you's from the grandfinal day and Golf day, but I find this task increasingly overwhelming. So many to do but just not enough time in the day. I hope that those that have helped and supported us know that it's late only because I have 4 children to look after, a million calls and emails to follow up on each day and try to sort out a way to keep our house and car. But if you happen to read this site and are one of those people that have donated gifts, cash, time or support then please hear me when I say thank you. It is only with such generous support that we can help Harrison get the best possible care and treatment he deserves.

No comments: