Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Complications

I look at this photo and wonder to myself, what if I had taken Harrison to hospital a week earlier or even a day earlier. You see I was researching today meningitis and its complications. As we are reasonably sure Harrison suffered both Meningitis and PCP pneumonia, I thought, I wonder if he could have the hearing and vision problems because of that and not due to SCID. Either way the complications are a little daunting.

So many of Harrison's early symptoms seemed like he had the flu. We will have more testing in September and October for the complications that have cropped up.. But as a parent you can't help wondering - what if?

I also think look how far he has come, and am very proud of my brave little man and of how much of a fighter he is.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: